1. Some bloggers are vowing (maybe too strong a word but it is 5:57 am) to blog everyday this month. I applaud them for doing this because it gives me more to read while I sit at my dining table and drink my morning coffee. I will not be participating. I could never keep up that level of commitment. I'm just way too lazy.
2. I haven't lost the 5 pounds I gained on vacation. I should work on this. I should work out. They say exercise helps. I say it is a shortcut to the grave. *sign* time to get out the hand weights.
3. I had a few friends over on Saturday night. I put out a spread of small noshy sorts of food. Salads, bread, hummus, olives You know noshy. I've been using the leftovers of JR's breakfasts. First up was eggs baked with the leftover grape tomato mozzarella and caper salad. Truly yummy. The Greek barley salad will be wonderful wrapped in a tortilla with scrambled eggs. JR will love it. Creative use of leftovers is my specialty.
4. I have just got to get painting. I've started but haven't gotten past the sketch onto the canvas part. This is not good. This weekend will be a paint until I drop weekend.
6. Fried pickle chips (as opposed to spears) are some of the best bar food ever. Whoever came up with this idea is genius!!!
7. I burned my bottom lip on the fired pickles. Burned it bad enough to blister. I should sue. Or not. I could have shown some restraint. Maybe waited until they cooled a little but FRIED PICKLES!
8. The alumni association from my college finally caught up to me. Those people are insanely good at finding us. No matter where we move. Anyway, they want me to join. I've decided to write on the form that I tattooed the school logo on my hip (as a badge of honor don't ya know) so they should pay me.
9. This afternoon I teach my graduate course. We are walking down to the bar on campus. I can better teach preservation using beer as a metaphor.
10. I can just teach better with beer.
That's all for me. Have a great day everyone.