This makes me very happy.
I need to be happy.
I'm 50. Happy doesn't come cheap.
Most often the price is a good bottle of wine.
Random Tuesday Thoughts make me happy.
I get to make new friends but keep the old
One is silver and the other gold.
Oh sorry, I don't know what came over me.
Click the purple button to visit others.
Because it's nice.
Because I told you too.
Don't make me send you to your room.
Okay, That's it I'm grounded.
Why did I ground me instead of you?
Duh, I want to be sent to my room.
Look at the happy little faces on my violets.
Purple. My new favorite color.
Someone told me that women of my age look good in purple.
Then I punched her lights out.
Okay, I didn't hit her but I did pout a little.
Okay, a lot.
March is Women's History Month. An opportunity to celebrate women and their achievements. Let's count down a few women that helped us get where we are today.
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton and her buddy Susan B. Anthony; though they never got to vote because of their work we can.
- Harriet Tubman; the Moses of her people
- Margaret Sanger; who opened the first birth control clinic in 1916
- Mary Wollstonecraft; wrote A Vindication of the Rights of Women.
- Sojourner Truth; black abolitionist
- My mom, sister, aunts, grandmothers, and nieces because they are all pretty wonderful.
Women who drink moderately less likely to gain weight
Healthy-weight women who drink a light to moderate amount of alcohol — no more than two servings a day of red wine, white wine, beer or liquor — tend to gain less weight over time than non-drinkers, says a study in Monday's Archives of Internal Medicine.
It's news stories like this that make me happy.
Who are your favorite women?
Go forth and visit.