Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

99 Things

Got this from Mary over at Unmitigated and figured it was just the thing for while I'm away from home this week. The idea is to take these 99 things and add your own comments.


  1. Started your own blog- I've got 2 professional and one personal. Guess which is which.
  2. Slept under the stars - done this in my mis-spent youth. Wouldn't do it now if I was paid.
  3. Played in a band
  4. Visited Hawaii - loved it. Want to go back. NOW!
  5. Watched a meteor shower - The Perseids at our property in Colville, Washington. When you are 11 miles from any city lights at 3300 feet in elevation this is an awesome show.
  6. Given more than you can afford to charity - We give every month but have never beggared ourselves doing it. Maybe, it is time to up the ante.
  7. Been to Disneyland - once as a child and once as an adult. Love, love, love Disneyworld.
  8. Climbed a mountain - several. I lived on a mountain.
  9. Held a praying mantis
  10. Sang a solo - Not in front of a crowd. Trust me, no one wants that.
  11. Bungee jumped - not in this lifetime.
  12. Visited Paris - big dream
  13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm- I've seen them in the mountains, plains, coast, and desert. Nothing beats the desert.
  14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I taught myself to paint and draw about 3 years ago.
  15. Adopted a child
  16. Had food poisoning - OMG Yes! and never ever want to have it again.
  17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
  18. Grown your own vegetables - every chance I get.
  19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
  20. Slept on an overnight train
  21. Had a pillow fight
  22. Hitch hiked - another mis-spent youth thing. Even had to jump out of a moving car to avoid one really handsy driver.
  23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - duh.
  24. Built a snow fort
  25. Held a lamb
  26. Gone skinny dipping
  27. Run a Marathon
  28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
  29. Seen a total eclipse
  30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- yep, best time to take pictures.
  31. Hit a home run
  32. Been on a cruise
  33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
  34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - how far back are we going? The ones in the U.S., yes. The ones in Scotland or France, nope.
  35. Seen an Amish community
  36. Taught yourself a new language - can read and understand French and Spanish. Not quite as good with the speaking apart. Who's idea was it to roll your "Rs".
  37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - Most times?
  38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
  39. Gone rock climbing - yes but I refuse to repel back down. Scared the crap out of me.
  40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
  41. Sung karaok - sadly
  42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - very powerful
  43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
  44. Visited Africa
  45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - The beaches in Washington rarely have moonlight. Does cloudlight count?
  46. Been transported in an ambulance - worse feeling in the world.
  47. Had your portrait painted - mis-spent youth again.
  48. Gone deep sea fishing- Was a bait girl on a salmon boat as a kid. The tips were great but the smell was nasty.
  49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
  50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
  51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - in Hawaii. I truly want to do it again.
  52. Kissed in the rain
  53. Played in the mud
  54. Gone to a drive-in theater - made out with JR in the backseat just for old times sake!
  55. Been in a movie
  56. Visited the Great Wall of China
  57. Started a business - owned a coffee roasting business.
  58. Taken a martial arts class - as a kid.
  59. Visited Russia
  60. Served at a soup kitchen
  61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies- Hell Yes. Sold enough to get into trouble at camp.
  62. Gone whale watching - from our condo in Maui.
  63. Got flowers for no reason - JR brings me flower just because he feels like it.
  64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - would if I could.
  65. Gone sky diving
  66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
  67. Bounced a check - I try never to do this.
  68. Flown in a helicopter
  69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - unfortunately no.
  70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - Oh yes and plan to do so again on March 19th.
  71. Eaten caviar - I don't eat it anymore but I use to love this stuff.
  72. Pieced a quilt - yep.
  73. Stood in Times Square.
  74. Toured the Everglades
  75. Been fired from a job
  76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
  77. Broken a bone - collar bone playing football.
  78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - Many times. My dad owned a motorcycle.
  79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - several times. Most recently about 18 months ago.
  80. Published a book
  81. Visited the Vatican
  82. Bought a brand new car - first one about 23 years ago. Won't ever do it again. It's not the best financial move.
  83. Walked in Jerusalem
  84. Had your picture in the newspaper - yep
  85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve - yes, but I don't kiss and tell.
  86. Visited the White House - yes, stood in line forever. While making fun of the secret service. Good way to get yourself frisked, BTW.
  87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - gawd no!
  88. Had chickenpox - yep.
  89. Saved someone’s life
  90. Sat on a jury
  91. Met someone famous - we don't want to go here.
  92. Joined a book club - I'm in a constant book club.
  93. Got a tattoo - at 47. Love it!
  94. Had a baby - two beautiful boys.
  95. Seen the Alamo in person - just took a friend there in October.
  96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
  97. Been involved in a law suit
  98. Owned a cell phone - too many
  99. Been stung by a bee - a couple of times.
You could do this too. Copy the questions and bold the ones that you've done. Add a comment or two if you feel like it.


Love,
M

9 comments:

  1. I remember so many of my friends breaking collar bones as a child. That doesn't seem to be as common nowadays. What were we all doing as children that they aren't doing now? Moving??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a condo on Maui? I think we need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAW: It was a rental. Sad I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to be spit on, watch me roll my R's. You're right, whose idea WAS that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to do 100 things once and could only get to 96...it's really rather hard.

    You did well, by the way.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I've actually done this one before. And why would you visit Paris and not go see the Mona Lisa?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I see "Mary at Unmitigated" I shut down and run for cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as I see "Mary at Unmitigated" I shut down and run for cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need a blog called, "My misspent youth", sounds like you have plenty of material

    ReplyDelete