I fueled this addiction this weekend at the VSNA book sale. It was a sad and pathetic site . I made a complete pig of myself at the fairgrounds(no calories imbibed) today by buying 24 new cookbooks (JR walked out with 5 humor books. Do you think he's trying to tell me something? Nah, he's not that subtle). I do want to add that my cookbook extravaganza did not even rival some of the other buyers in the exhibit hall (is justification another addiction symptom?).
The average price for each of the cookbooks was $2.50. Not bad really considering the tons of use I will get out of them. Yeah, I totally understand that the new bookshelf I now need will cost $30 minimum. Added to the price of the books only adds another buck each, still a bargain.
I've already gone through most of them and flagged recipes that I plan to make. Should be fun. I promise I'll share. Like you thought I wouldn't, HA.
Here's a list of my newest acquisitions (librarian speak for excessive hoarding):
- The Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook. Simple Solutions for Eating Well
- Williams-Sonoma Healthy Cooking
- Grandmother's Cookbook
- 365 Easy One-dish Meals
- 365 Ways to Cook Pasta
- Cooking Light - 5 Ingredients - 15 minute Cookbook
- Joy of Gardening Cookbook
- Food & Wine Magazine 2002 Recipes
- Food & Wine Magazine and Entire Year's Recipes
- Veggie Lovers Cookbook
- Great Dinners with Less meat
- Meatless Cooking: Celebrity Style
- The Vegetarian Handbook
- Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook
- Vegetarian Christmas
- 15 Minute Vegetarian Gourmet
- Cook it in a Casserole (1943)
- The Highlanders Cookbook (1966)
- The Good Housekeeping Cookbook (1944)
- Magic Chef Cooking (1935)
- The Betty Furness Westinghouse Cookbook (1954)
- The Wonderful World of Cooking (1954 author signed copy)
- The American Heritage Cookbook
- McCall's Cookbook.
I look forward to sharing the best of the recipes from these books. (not last night's though. It sucked. Now, I have a ton of leftovers that I need to make into something else. Crap, I hate when that happens.)