Awhile back Mum-me over at Our Aussie Half-Dozen gave me this lovely award. There are all kinds of rules and regulations of which I'll have a hard time complying with any of them. I would like to state that I did fulfill the first one, which of course, is linking back to the giver. Done!
Second rule is listing 10 honest things about yourself (10 seems a bit excessive. You really don't want to know 10 honest things about me. Let's go for 5). Gotta tell ya, I do this plenty every time I blog. Truth to be told, I tend to overshare. Here goes......
1. I'm menopausal. (didn't I tell you I tend to overshare.) Since, this is such a rotten stage in my reproductive life for a whole lot of reasons I plan to use it to it's full potential. That's right folks! If I want to bitch/whine/cry/laugh uncontrollably I'm going too. If I wake up in the middle of the night with night sweats JR will just have to be awake also and like it! If my face turns bright red in the middle of the day, I warn you, Do. Not. Mention. It! I will bite your head off then probably piss on it.
2. I'm cheap. Or as I like to say frugal. I actually have a dollar limit for each meal. Yep! Dinner per person per meal will not exceed $1.50. I challenge myself to keep this down to $1.00. All the while, I try to serve different, interesting, and tasty meals. No easy task. I started doing this in the mid-90's and I have yet to raise the dollar limit. Lunch = dinner leftovers $0; breakfast = egg & toast or oatmeal $ .25. You get the idea. I even have an alcohol limit but really see no need to adhere to it because it's not a meal. You may ask why it doesn't fit in the plan. Because, I said so damn it and I make the rule. Don't push me on this! (see #1).
3. I'm a geek. I love software mostly and free is even better. (see #2) Photoshop I love you!
4. I suck information. Why does that sound dirty? It's not. I love to read and I'm naturally very curious. Nice thing is I turned #'s 3 & 4 into a job. Cripps, they pay me for doing this! Silly, silly people!
5. I am a creative wannabe. I love all things creative. Art, music, writing, cooking, sculpting you name it I love it. Unfortunately, it doesn't come naturally to me which is unbelievably frustrating (see #1 for what happens when one of my art pieces doesn't turn out so well.)
I think that fulfills enough of number 2 now I'm supposed to pass this along. I don't feel comfortable about that so my stance is; IF you want it help yourself. And Captain Dumbass, Cameron, and Goodfather it's not too feminine. So don't be whining. Leave that to me. I'm a professional.
Not only does that take care of that award but it takes care of Listlessness Monday (go check out Anna) also. WooHoo! God, I love me some multitasking.