Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wildlife


This mornings post put me in the mood to lighten up a little. Oh, I don't want to make light of L's problems. In fact, that's the last thing I want to do. What I really want to do is hug L really hard, have her move into my home and feed her abundantly. She's a grown up. I know that but it just doesn't matter. I'm having a hard time stepping back a little in order to let her decided how much coddling she wants or needs. Then I'm sure I'll probably smoother her in affection. I don't remember her being stand-offish but after the summer she's had who knows. She may just have to put up with me. I haven't decided how I'll play this. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know.

What I really wanted to show you were some of the animals that we saw on our trip.


We saw the prerequisite amount of lizards. Since we have at least a half million different types of lizards in Phoenix we didn't get too excited about the few we saw on the trip.


This Jack rabbit made his way across our campsite a couple of times. We also had a bunny, chipmunks, squirrels, and a mouse. OK, so I squealed like a little girl when the mouse ran under the picnic table. It wasn't my fault. He startled me. That's the only reason that I squealed.
Really it is.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


When we went to Mesa Verde we caught these bachelors sitting in the shade. I got within 15 feet of these guys. All they did was stare at me.
Lazy bucks!
Me? I understand lazy.
It hasn't got a lot to do with laying around.
It's a mind set.
These boys have that mind set down to a tee!

I must not have been very threatening. It's hard to be threatening when you are only 5'2". These indolent boys couldn't be bothered with me.
The soft grass, the dappled shade, and a crazy short woman with a camera.
What more could these boys want I ask you?

I think that just about covers the animals that we got a glimpse at. I suspect that there were more, they were just hiding from us. That's OK I'd hide from me too.

Take care everyone!

Love
M


No comments:

Post a Comment