Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Peanut Buttercup Ice Cream


I've talked about my ice cream maker (see earlier post) before but I just want to say 1 more time... I love this thing!

Today's ice cream offering is Peanut Buttercup. It has the look of chocolate and the tasty goodness of peanut butter.

Dare I say that it's good for you?

I doubt that but don't let that stop you from pulling out the ice cream maker and dishing some up. You don't eat ice cream because it is good for you anyway.

Nice thing is it couldn't be easier. If it was hard I wouldn't be making it because it would violate my lazy principle.

Peanut Buttercup Ice Cream

3 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cup chocolate milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons peanut butter (we like chunky but any will do

Mix first 5 ingredients together until the sugar dissolves. Taste to make sure that it is chocolately enough. Adjust by adding more chocolate syrup. There is no such thing as too much chocolate is there?

Pour into ice cream maker. Let the ice cream maker run for about 25 minutes.

Add peanut butter by dropping small dollops into the ice cream maker while it is running. Be sure to stick the spoon down in there to assure that the peanut butter gets well mixed. Lick spoon. This is an important step. Trust me it is! Really! It's not just so you get to enjoy the marvelousness before the homeboys get a whack at it. Let the mixer go for another 5 minutes.

Transfer to a container with a lid. Store in the freezer for about 2 hours before eating. It's OK to nibble small spoonfuls during the 2 hour wait period. You'll be doing your family a favor. You wouldn't want them to eat sub-par ice cream would you?

Serve in fancy bowls. Less calories that way. I read that somewhere. And if I didn't I should have!




Enjoy!
Love,
M

P.S. Please ignore the blurry pictures. I was having to fight off JR.

No comments:

Post a Comment