Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Steam Cleaner

It's been a pretty mundane weekend so far and I truly doubt that it is going to get more exciting. That's ok, though. I've gotten a lot of those little things done that I seem to put off. Not every weekend can be a fun filled, action packed, driving Celtic music weekend.

One of the things I got done this weekend besides general housekeeping (when will that maid show up anyway?) was to clean the red wine spots out of the carpet. We had a little incident with an opened bottle of red wine in the wine fridge popping it's cork, then dribbling out onto the carpet. Why is the wine fridge on the carpet you may well ask? It is a long story. Small kitchen size would be the best answer. Be that as it may the accident happened and I had to deal with it. The bummer was that I lost about a glass worth of good wine to the carpet. I'm fairly sure the carpet didn't appreciate it as much as I would have.

We got out our trusty Bissell steamcleaner. I say we because JR is great for those fetch and carry types of things. Over the last 25 years I've sort of tried to perpetrate the myth that I'm a weakling. That way I don't have to go out to the messy, hot, and nasty garage for anything I need. This also saves me from having to take out the garbage. Neat trick huh!

This baby cleaned up that stain right quick. It is another one of those small appliances that I really like. I can't stand having to go to the store, rent a cleaner, lug it home, clean the carpet, then lug it back to the store. It's exhausting just to write it out in a sentance much less actually do it. (it would violate the lazy principle again. That would just be wrong in too many ways to count)

You'll be happy to know that the stain came up and the fridge is back up and running. And, to top it off we devised a plastic cover for the carpet under the fridge this time. Maybe we can ward off upcoming spills or at least make clean up less of a hassle. I'm all about less hassle.

Well it's off to the electronics store for us (added excitment and I thought it was going to be a mundane weekend). The youngest homeboy's laptop hard drive just had a major failure. This ought to be fun. Last time I took apart a laptop I couldn't get it back together again. There was that 1 extra screw. What's up with that?

Here's hoping you have a nice weekend.

Love,
M

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED the pizza! We could not tell the difference of yours or mine. I modified the original recipe. I dont add flour or mozzerella cheese to the crust. We are eating it again tonight!

    ReplyDelete