Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Easter!

The homeboys and I don’t make a big deal out of Easter. It has never been one of those holidays that we fly around the country for each other. If we happen to be in the same state we will make plans but we don’t spend precious vacation time or money on the thing. This year we won’t be in the same state and
I don’t mean metaphysically.
No more Easter clothes, hiding eggs, or chocolate bunnies. And, that’s ok. Less work for me and we
all know how lazy
I am!

The boys will be here in Phoenix and Jon & I will be in Seattle. We are flying up there to celebrate our anniversary with friends and my mothers 70th birthday falls on Easter day this year so we’ll celebrate that also. Is it just coincidence that her birthday is on Easter? I don’t think so! I could get all philosophical about it but it is 6:14 a.m. I’m not sure I can be philosophical at that hour or really any hour. What I will say is that she better be prepared for jokes about her being live when Christ rose from the tomb. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to tease her about her age. I mean, come on, it is too good to pass up!

P.S. The images on yesterday’s and today’s posts are from some postcards from the early 1900’s. We’re talking about 1909 or so. They are from a collection of things that we have from my husbands Irish grandparents. Cool Huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment