Things that have been chopped,
- green onions
- olives (black and green)
- bread (this is more cubed but who's quibbling)
- compound butter (I could live on this stuff)
- herb cream cheese
- cubed bread has been toasted
- Turkey drowning (soaking in brine)
- dressing will be assembled
- mushrooms will be prepped for stuffing with herb cream cheese listed above.
- sweet potatoes will be cooked
- eggs will be boiled
- fresh sage picked and washed for gravy and dressing, some reserved for frying.
- all the rest of the veggies will be prepped.
- lots of sauteing
Things we will be eating tomorrow,
- herb cream cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Greek style Deviled eggs
- roasted red pepper soup sniffers
- Blood orange sodatini (stopping at the liquor store on the way home for vanilla vodka per Be's suggestion. Not exactly sure how much I'll get done after that. There could possibly be some experimentation going on.)
- Turkey (yes, I do a turkey for the family. Me? I've got my heart set on an amazing amount of carbs and Deviled eggs)
- cheesy garlic mashed potatoes with sage gravy
- spicy faux sausage dressing
- sweet potatoes (I'm thinking Jan's vanilla ones)
- green beans (not sure how fancy I'll get with these)
- asparagus (not sure how fancy I'll get with these either)
Since we are not big dessert eaters I'm foregoing the pie and going with a fruit, nuts, cheese and dark chocolate plate. And, more wine.
Dr. Boy has to work at 4pm (health care workers rarely get time off for holidays) so we will be eating early. Say around 2pm. I
There's the rundown. I think I've got all the basics covered. There are only 4 adults at our house this year hence the small menu and quantities of each menu item. We should enough for the best part of any huge meal...leftovers!
You all have a great holiday.
PS: for those wondering, everything is vegetarian with the exception of the turkey, of course. This blended family thing will promptly come to an end when Dr. Boy goes off to med school in the fall. JR will have to get his meat at restaurants from then on.