Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's just the simple things.

 

I don't need to shell our for Playboy. JR is perfectly happy with the free Victoria Secret catalog. He's just so happy with the simple things.




I'm pretty happy with the 8 pots of basil I just planted.




 
Nessa and Tripper have taken up sitting in front of the bar. It took us awhile ( I didn't say we were quick) to figure out why. This is where we keep their dog treats. I thought maybe that was why we went through so much vodka.



 

3 hour drive to Austin on Monday. 3 hour drive from Austin on Tuesday evening. Wine has never tasted so good.



JR and I were watching Palladia last night. The featured artist was Led Zepplin. JR had seen them in 1975 and I saw them in 1977. What we remember most? The blue cloud of smoke that filled the arena.



What makes me happy? Our youngest is jealous that we got to see Led Zepplin live. We are the cool parents.





Halloween is of the devil. The mini Almond Joy...they call to me.


What are you simple pleasures?

Love,
M

PS: I blatantly stole everyone of these photographs off Google images and didn't even bother to cite them. I feel so bad that I think I need to go have another glass of wine to drown my sorrows.

9 comments:

  1. I still love Led Zeppelin too. I have them on my iPod to this day. I gotta say that if Victoria's Secret is all it takes, that's a good, good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple pleasures? That's easy! Fritos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple pleasures....Candy APPLES!!!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pedicure. Sleep. Peanuts'n M&Ms. Grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple pleasures...hmmm, I might have to join you in a glass of wine and ponder that one. ;)

    And yes, you are the cool parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Basil to grow to four leaf stage by April. They were exactly the same in July when I became racked off and planted old fashioned geraniums over them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple pleasures? Right now it'd be a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking a guilt free nap. Wine, and time to enjoy it. Mini butterfingers. Sunflower seeds to nibble on and a good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would kill for an Almond Joy right about now. Our supply was low this year and Jamie ate all the good stuff.

    I did a speech on Led Zeppelin in college speech class. There's a video I'd like to see.

    ReplyDelete