Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

The big adventure starts soon

First off I'd like to apologize for being a bad blog friend. I haven't posted in for ever and I've barely visited your blogs. I do have an excuse. One that many of you know about but for those that don't, I've was offered and accepted another job.

This job is 2300 miles from Houston. We will be moving back to the state of Washington, putting us closer to our children, closer to my mother and closer to the friends we grew up with. Everyone is happy. When I told my mother I thought she was going to cry...or wet herself (I mean she is at an age that that is a reality, you know).

So now the planning, packing, and driving begin.

I'm in charge to logistics. Finding a new home to live in, setting up all the utilities, reserving the moving truck and most importantly dealing with all the financials. This is the part I'm good at it seems.

JR is in charge of packing. Packing and driving the rental truck.

In most of our recent moves and there have been too many local one for my liking, JR has been in charge of packing everything we own in boxes. He has become something of an expert. Rarely do we get to our destination to find something broken or missing.

I'm sure you all will be pretty tired of me talking about this whole process so I'll try to keep to my same rarely posting schedule in order to not bore you silly.

Stay groovy,
M

8 comments:

  1. I am so excited that we're moving to the same state at the same time!! It's going to not only good to be "home" again for me, but now I have a cool friend to look forward to visiting any time I feel the urge. Well, you know what I mean. ;) Here's to both of our new adventures! *clink!* And I'm a little jealous JR is doing all the packing while you do the logistics - it seems both of those things are my responsibility. Here's hoping I hold on to whatever is left of my sanity when it's all said and done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington is a state Nick and I have never visited. With both you and Stacy there, now we have a very good excuse to come check out the geology there, and you know the wine and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I told Stacy when she announced her move, one of the nicest things about blog friends is that when they move away, you still "see" just as much of them!

    This move sounds good for you. I hope you LOVE your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy for you! (and I keep starting a post about our cemetery outing together, but I've gotten sidetracked by the Long Island trip - it's still one it's way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy (and jealous! I grew up in WA). Safe travels. Any hint on where you're going? (I'm from Whidbey Island)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I know you were really excited to get this new job! WELCOME HOME...really!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete