Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A few of the many reasons why I love my husband



There are many many reasons why I love my husband but here are five things that he does that make me love him even more.

1. When I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I never have to worry that the toilet seat will be up. A mother of boys knows that this is something to value.

2. I rarely have to pump my own gas.

3. He does all the laundry...and I mean all! All means; wash, dry, fold and put away. He even checks to see if the items need to be line dried or not. 

4. When I decide that a room just HAS to be painted he understands this to mean that I will start the project then become bored with it and leave it to him to finish. Which he always does without complaint.

5. He lets me convince him to buy dumpy houses to fix up. All the while knowing that he'll have to finish all the painting.

He's a prince among men. 
I think I'll keep him.
M

7 comments:

  1. Awwww! He's definitely a keeper! Can he give my hubby a few pointers? Usually I'm the one who has to finish the projects that get started and abandoned in boredom. And I can't trust him to do the laundry because he crams everything in one big giant load (darks, lights, delicates, non-delicates) then dries them all on high heat (including the ones that need to be line dried). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby does laundry much like Stacy's. He's not allowed in there except with specific instructions on what to do, after I've sorted.
    But, he's pretty good at doing projects. They mostly get finished. He's very handy on the home improvement, and leaves the toilet seat down. He's my keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs is retired, but when he worked it was an engineer. He could keep an industrial plant running almost single-handedly after fixing a breakdown. Give him a pile of laundry to put in the machine and he'll stand there scratching his head, emitting male noises of reluctance such as *Erm*, *Hmmmmm*, followed by *Do I have to...........?*. He then wanders off so I might as well have done it in the first place.

    Michele, good on you for having trained your husband so well. I feel inadequate! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beloved also does the vast majority of the laundry (in fact, he complains about how *I* do it). He's also the project starter and finisher, as well as a marvelous sous chef. We get along much better than most extreme A types and extreme B types do...I haven't killed him yet, so we're good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww..gosh you are so sweet! As for the bucket list I haven't really put one together...seems my daily life is so packed with everyday I don't really get to think about it. And I'm really not complaining. Your slow trip through Europe sounds good. For me I think a trip back in time would be wonderful...the Tudor era maybe.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete