Yeah, yeah, yeah, I haven't posted in over a week. I know but I've been uber busy. That said, I still wanted to keep you all in the loop of our lives.
1. Nessa got a bath the other day. She looks gorgeous! Without smell-a-ternet I can't even tell you how much better she smells.She was sinking up the house. There is very few smells worse than dirty dog. Maybe, cooked cabbage. That is a smell that I just can't abide.
2. I'm working on book with a friend. We think it will be awesome, well read and will make us a ton of money. We are more pie-in-the-sky thinkers obviously. Our proposal is halfway done. Okay, halfway may be generous but it is coming along. Did you know that College Press' want to you write a boatload of the book before you even get a chance to propose it? Neither did I. FYI, it sucks. If I wanted to take the time to write the whole book before hand I would but I don't. I want them to tell me they effing love the concept and want to send us money so that we can do out of town research. See? I do have aspirations of greatness.
3. I hate writing a personal biography. It always feels so tawdry and narcissistic.
4. Blogger has been threatening to change their format for like forever. Well, they did and I hate it. It has taken me 3 days to just figure out how to get my reader to work. I hope this explains why I haven't been stalking all of you recently. Don't even ask me how much of a bitch this new format is to navigate on my iPad.
5. Today is World Vegetarian Day and is the first day of Vegetarian Awareness Month. I am all for people eating more vegetables and less meat but having its own awareness month? I'm not so sure. It seems that there is a celebration/event/special/awareness month for everything which lessens the impact to my way of thinking. I would hope that people know that there are many good reasons why cutting back on meat consumption is good for them, the planet, and of course animals.
6. This is so predictable...I pack up my paints and I get a commission. After the bar guess what gets set up next? BTW, I need to thank Jen Cohen for recommending me. Jen, Thank you! You are the best! I love you.
7. I find the Life Alert commercials annoying, I actually find most commercials annoying but this one particularly. Why? Because the overweight women with an oxygen tank says: "I'll give up beer, bread, wine and soda before I give up Life Alert." My thoughts are is that if she gives up all those she may not need Life Alert.
Wow! I just read all six of those points again and it seems to be a whole lot of complaining. Let me think of something good...*crickets*...*uhhhh*...
8. My presentations went really well last week, my aunt is on the mend, kind of, but that is a huge story that I won't go into but will say that there are some odd religious beliefs out there and my car got great mileage on the whole trip. See? All good things.
9. Oh wait! I signed up over an e-newsletter called Money Talks News. I'm really enjoying it. It is all about saving money.
This is the first post I've written since they changed the format so I need to finish it up and set it to publish because I have no clue how to retrieve my drafts. You've got to know that that situation is pissing me off.