Okay, so it has been a few weeks since I posted anything. I'd like to say that it is because I have been doing fun and exciting things that take up all my time but that would not be the case. And, if it were I'd be telling you all about it. See that's the thing, I've been doing normal things. Run of the mill, average, not all that interesting, you know...boring things.
If I had to list them the list would look something like this:
1. working out/walking the dog. Every morning I either workout to DVDs or walking the dog several miles. While I have seen some results from these labors it is not something that shows dramatically. So, blogging about it just seems like a good way to jinx the whole thing. I don't think I have given any of you the illusion that I was industrious by nature so blogging about 2 weeks of workouts with small overall gains might just make me re-think the whole thing. We really don't want that.
2. researching. I'm getting as much research done on a project with a friend before I go on my journey west. He hasn't been able to put in a lot of time on the project but I have meaning that most everything gets put off to the side while I work on this. Then while I'm gone he is going to take over. I promise to let you all know what the project is if it gets accepted which my friend assures me that it will.
3. finishing and starting a few painting. I wish I could say I'm doing this a lot but the truth is I've been a bit of a slacker. I have one sitting on the easel and 2 sitting on the floor drawn in only.
4. working. I'm showing up which is awesome but the things I'm dong are not really blog worthy.
5.gardening. JR and I fixed up the front yard a little one weekend. The grass had died out and there were no flowers. We remedied this situation. We now have soft new fluffy baby grass coming in. We also had some lovely little seedlings until the torrential runs happened the other night. Sure, we needed the rain but did it have to come down in buckets? A little drizzle every once in a while is not a bad thing.
6. getting the camping gear ready for the trip. I bought a tent a while back at an REI garage sale for cheap. The only thing wrong was that one of the poles was broken. I ordered a new pole and plan to send the broken one back which I found out when talking to the mail order operator they will send another new one back to me for free. An extra tent pole never goes amiss.
7. Yeah, I don't really have a number 7.
We are doing something fun for the 4th of July. We are heading down to a friend's place on Galveston Island for a cookout, fun on the beach and who knows what all. It gets kind of crazy when a bunch of academics get together, I'll tell you. We'll be talking about esoteric crap that will go right over my head. I believe I'll be smiling and drinking to compensate. One of the friends we will be celebrating with is from England. He said it wasn't much of a celebration for his side. I said that he could drink in commiseration while we drink in celebration. He seemed okay with that.
Happy belated Canada day for all you Canadians. For those of you in the U.S.A. what are your plans for the 4th?