Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just a couple of things




 A while back I bought this apron from a blog friend. I met Dana at Blissdom last year. She and some friends were wearing the greatest hats. I love hats. Which meant I had to meet Dana and her friends. Turns out she makes these gorgeous aprons (please do not judge the apron from my awful photo). You tell her what colors you like and what style you want and a few weeks later you start receiving photographs of fabrics and styles. It is so much fun. Then she sends you the goods.

JR thought I was kind of nuts. I have plenty of aprons but her designs are so pretty that I couldn't resist. Plus I think it is important to support other artists. Her being a blogger and someone I've met is a bonus.

 You can find Dana at Reading Rosie
Go check her out.


I finished the painting for Mama Badger in plenty of time for Christmas. She was so excited that she didn't even wait until Christmas morning to give it to Papa Badger. That makes all my angst all worthwhile.



Merry Christmas everyone!

Love,
M

9 comments:

  1. OOOOOOH very well done girl. Very well done indeedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vince, It was a hard one. The older boy was the hardest of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was perfect! Seriously, that hand on the shirt is so him, it's uncanny. It just gets the whole feel of the photo. You did an amazing job. Thank you so much! (however, you blew the big reveal on my blog... not fair. ok, ok. a little fair. it is your work.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, I wish I had A TENTH of your talent! I can't tell you how much we cherish our Once Upon A Sprite painting. Absolute love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MB, sorry. My bad.

    SK, I'm waiting for another photo from you. And about talent? Girl you can write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with SK - to have only a tenth of your talent. LOVE LOVE LOVE the painting of LG and little o!!

    I collect aprons too; that one is simply gorgeous.

    OH - I got the book! It's wonderful; Beloved and I have had a blast going through it, and it now enjoys place of honor among our artsy coffee table books. Thank you so, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the apron and the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hats, and I've got an eclectic collection of aprons that vie for attention from my collection of cookbooks - only none of them are as pretty as that one. :)

    LOVE the painting! When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete