A little after that I forget that I have even started them. They slowly make their way off the page as I add other more meaningful, thoughtful, stupid, redundant, silly posts. Just like the third page of a Google search results page they are forgotten and ignored.
Every once in a great while I filter my "edit posts" page by drafts just to see if something interests me. Something I can expound on. Something I can finish up in record time, without a lot of fuss, without becoming bored by the subject. Something I think ya'll will find entertaining. I would have said provocative or socially redeeming but you would have known I was lying. I don't tend toward social activism on my blog.
So today I thought I would give you a glimpse of those half (okay, mostly all) forgotten posts because if I can't finish them I might as well taunt you with them. Titles are in bold.
1. Things I've never done. This is the start of an idea that I
2. I have been redeemed. This is a post where I gathered scholarly reports about the health benefits of wine. I think I needed to do a bit of justification at the time. Then decided that I do not need to justify my wine consumption. Thank.you.very.much.
3. Things my father use to say. My daddy had some funny sayings and little ditties. See that motto in my banner? Yep daddy's. My daddy was a funny funny man. I thought that someday I'd give you the benefit of his funny.
4. Misspent Youth - quicksand as a playground. This is another post about my Girl Scout camping experience in the wilds of Oklahoma. It is full of danger, rule breaking and 10 year old girls. How can I not finish this one?!
5. Misspent Youth - white jumpsuit + red wine = you do the math. A story about an early twenty-something girl at a star-studded party in the Hollywood hills, a set of sweeping stairs and a glass of red wine. It is not pretty.
6. Misspent Youth - how I met Peter. Another reminiscence of my life in Los Angeles while in my early twenties. This story involves a really bad MacBeth, an eccentric director and my experience as a sculpture muse. Not sure I'll ever finish this one.
7. Misspent Youth - movie musing. Yet another Los Angeles story all about a gay movie theater, wine in brown papers bags and two crazy kids.
8. Misspent Youth - bored teenagers are never a good thing. The story of two bored high school students deciding that a road trip sounded like fun. Has international intrigue.
9. Misspent Youth - Hollywood Hills. The last of the Los Angeles stories that I can tell in public. This one includes horses.
10. Celtic Crosses. Just some postcards with Celtic crosses on them. I think I envisioned doing some research then lost the mojo needed to finish.
Do you feel taunted?
Have you got half finished posts waiting for inspiration?