Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well, I've bit the bullet

As the 3 year anniversary of my blogging experience comes rushing up it seems the prefect time to reflect a little. 

I didn't start my blog with any need to have my voice heard. (Seriously, why you people keep coming is beyond me. Please don't stop though. I find that my sanity is tied very closely to you all.) I doubt that what I have to say is very important or meaningful though I do hope that I am slightly entertaining. At least, my mother is so that has got to count for something. Speaking of mother stories, I have about 6 posts worth after spending a week with her at Christmas. I'll start sharing those next week.

I didn't start the blog to fulfill a need to connect with people outside my insular world of libraries and family though I feel that need now. This love fest that I've got going with you and your families probably creeps you out. Uh yeah, sorry about that. I know that JR doesn't understand it but then he doesn't understand a lot of stuff that I do, he just goes with it. After 28 years he's learned to live with my craziness. After awhile you will too. I grow on people. 

What is my point? How does the title to this post even relate? Can I possibly be more long winded? All good and burning questions. 

What vehicle will I use to connect all these points?



Until Blogher09 I didn't even know that there were conferences for bloggers. Why it didn't occur to me is ridiculous stupidity on my part. I'm a freaking librarian! We DO conferences.  I should have known but by not knowing until the last minute (my travel schedule is such that I have to plan months in advance) I wasn't able to go to meet my favorite bloggers. Then again they probably lucked out all around. 

Then came Blissdom10. I was out of town and I just couldn't afford it. Blogher10? In NYC. Could it get more expensive? Mary Anne and Keely talked about attending Blissdom11 in Nashville and I thought; this I could afford. My initial idea was that I would just show up to spend time with them and skip the rest of the conference stuff. Mary Anne was most insistent that I buy a ticket. I can't remember the whole chat conversation but I do remember feeling an overwhelming compulsion to buy a ticket (is there any wonder she is an awesome salesperson? It was like I was hypnotized or something. JR didn't know what had come over me. I HAD to buy a ticket.)

So last night I put the last nail in this coffin. I purchased my airline ticket. It's a done deal, ladies. May God have mercy on your souls and give you the strength to overcome my kind of crazy because you are going to need it. Please don't make me list the all the reasons you need this warning but they start with; I tend to be over-served at bars, that leads to, I have been known to flirt with the band, and while it hasn't happened in recent history, it ends with, I have lost clothing pieces while drinking. Just a little FYI.

So see you all in Nashville. A town that I love for obvious reasons.
Love,
M






14 comments:

  1. You have NO idea how much I wish I could be there. You, Mary Ann and Keely? Drinking? I'd follow y'all around like a lapdog with a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been MIA blogwise and it's good to 'see' you again. I'm completely jealous that you are attending Blissdom11-but I hope that you have a blast. You will, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! Especially since last year, they brought in Harry Connick Jr. How on earth can they top that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are going to have a blast! I wish I could afford to go to one of these conferences. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After you get there you have to pass on what you learn....I am a willing student!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go so much! But alas, can't afford it. I think I can make BlogHer in San Diego, because I can drive. You're going to have SO MUCH FUN!

    It's probably for the best anyway. My ex lives in Nashville and I'd be in fear of running into him the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan: You follow us around with a camera all you want but you must have a drink in your hand.

    Mama-face: It's good to 'see' you back. I'll pop over to visit later today.

    SK: That's right! I hadn't forgotten about Harry. I didn't even check who the fancy people would be.I should really download the schedule.

    Joanie: I'll tell you all about it.

    Linda: You bet!

    Gretchen: this is the same reason I avoid LA, though I have to be there in June 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting! We're actually going to meet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun fun fun!!!! Excited to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously jealous. One of these days the stars will align and I'll be able to attend one of those shindigs. ;)

    Aloha: Pets

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could go to a conference. Then I looked at the pics and agenda - I don't have a laptop or know any of those speakers. Guess I need to look towards the future and do some research before investing. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete