We had a small thing at our house this weekend. Nothing big just a few friends over for sushi rolling, sangria and cupcakes. It was a roll your own kind of thing. Lots of fun was had. Lessons were learned. Like:
- How to actually roll sushi. None of us had ever done it before.
- If you have a choice between making your own sticky rice, buying it already made at the grocery store or buying it in the microwave package by Annie's. Go for the Annie's stuff. It is easier to work with.
- Sangria is the perfect compliment.
- And cupcakes are never wrong.
Remember last week when I posted that very nice press release that Marisa wrote. Even if she got the spelling of my name wrong. Well, it's been picked up by no less than a dozen web news sites, blogs and websites. Some of them are actually authoritative sciencey or newsy types. Most are in India. This could mean several things:
- That I'm popular in a country where the populace is least likely to have internet service so, meh, not really that popular.
- That there is not a lot of real news out there so news agencies have to pull stuff like this out of the barrel. AND...
- If everyone gets 15 minutes of fame, mine is in India.
Katie and I finished the video late Friday night. Go check it out. If you can stand the fight song played by a big band or want to hear the word "spontaneously" used in a sentence 4 times during a 6 minute video.
Made an excellent lemon risotto and a spinach gratin for dinner last night. I'll post the recipe later.
The scabs on my big Boo Boos are starting to shed. It's not pretty. And, you are most welcome for THAT visual this morning. You didn't REALLY want that breakfast did you, now?
Nessa and the kittah were having a pretty good time last night. Nessa gave up the game to the cat pretty early on.
There you go. My weekend in a nut shell. As you can plainly see, I, too, have been dicking around on my computer all weekend. Tell me what you think then go visit a few others.