Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

RTT: questions that run through my head

randomtuesday


The inestimable Keely over at the Un-Mom hosts a little party called Random Thoughts Tuesday. Since, I've been known to drink a little too much wine on occasion I thought I'd crash at her place. I've been crashing a Keely's place every Tuesday for awhile now. She doesn't seem to mind. Little does she know I've been drinking all her wine and teaching X tantrum tricks. Shhhh.....don't tell her.

Did anyone else ask their obstetrician while he was stitching up their epesiodomy if he was stitching in his initials down there because he was taking so damn long? Or was it just me? Almost 26 years later I can still remember his answer. "Why, yes Michele I am".

For someone that can come and go as I want at work why is it that everyone wants to talk to me at 3pm when I want to leave?

Am I the only one that finds having control of the TV remote powerful and seductive? (I'm pretty sure they are shaped like phallic symbols for a reason. I've been telling JR for years that remotes are shaped that way because guys think of them as an extension of their penis.) When the guys are here I have no control over what we watch in the living room. I have to retreat to the master bedroom to watch my favorite shows. Now, that I have the house to myself I have become a remote whore. The boys are in for it when they show up next week.

Why do I think this headline is too funny?

Cow bolts slaughterhouse, milks freedom

Animal nicknamed Molly wanders through Queens before being captured

AP-Associated Press

updated 8:57 a.m. CT, Thurs., May 7, 2009


I know why. It reminds me of this song:



This song makes me laugh every single time I hear it.

Jump right into the randomness by visiting Keely and all the Keelyites. It is well worth your time. If I'm there when you show up will you pass me a glass of Pinot Noir. It's over there on the counter. I just opened it.

Love,
M

17 comments:

  1. I love the remote. I don't get to actually hold it all that often, but it is wonderful.

    I hope they don't give the cows guns anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you're the one teaching X those tricks? Have you been keeping Graham up at night too? Evil.

    I didn't think to ask for my doctor's initials either time I got stitched up but that would have been smart, as long as your doctor didn't have several surnames.

    My old job was the same way... nobody needed anything until it was time to go. They just know..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that as the "Intestinal Keely" and wondered if she was having bellie issues.
    No, I haven't had my coffee yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my doctor stitch in "Going Out of Business" after #3!

    Great RTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go- with the remote!
    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife is not allowed to touch the remote...she doesn't manage the volume properly. Plus I must be in charge of it. In fact, now that I mention it, I pretty much have to be in control at all times. Hmmmm...

    Happy RTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you hadn't mentioned episiotomy - now I am remembering, and I don't want to.

    I can't handle having control of the remote when HB is home. He tried really hard not to drool, but the stress shows on his face and in his body language so I just have to hand it over. (Like I used to always give my pet dog at least half my doughnut when my mum wasn't looking. It was pitiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get to hold the remote so seldom I barely know which direction to point it in.

    I read a lot when I'm on my own...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm fairly lucky with the remote. I get to hold it whenever I want, but then if I don't fast forward right, he makes fun of me so I typically just have him control it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am laughing my ass off with the Cow song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've lost the family room remote. It was last seen with John. Maybe I should check his underwear drawer?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get to have the remote! ALL THE TIME I'm Home! Ha! Yes I do!

    Makes for just the right shows on the tv.

    And I can understand the drop by problem. I leave at 4:00 EVERY DAY. 3:45 here they all come.

    Sigh

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had to bring up the episiotomy, didn't ya? Yes, I wondered why it was taking so long until the doctor yelled "Type and cross for 2!" and I realized they were ordering blood for me and then I looked over and my husband was about to pass out and it was because of the gouting hemorrhage that was shooting from my nether region. Yes, that is TMI. And I'm pretty sure the doctor stitched the words "Next time: C Section" down there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much for the cows with guns video. it made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm gonna have to take your word for it on that remote thing. I NEVER get to hold it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Schmoop refers to our remote as my "dick extension". I refer the remote as h-Ann-d Margret. Purrrr. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I believe my question was more along the lines of, "Why the fuck does this hurt MORE than the child I just birthed??".

    I only work half days so people inevitably call in the morning when I'm not there. Then I 'tag' them in the afternoon, when THEY'RE not there, and then they get mad when they call me back the next morning and lo! I'm not in the office again.

    Hehhehhe, "milks freedom".

    ReplyDelete