Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Unconventional Art


The other day I blogged about how I consider stacking dishes art. Mostly because I hate doing dishes and stacking them just right makes me feel better about the whole process. In my postscript I mentioned that JR thinks that what I hang on the walls is weird.

While driving home from work that evening the homegirl-in-law said that she agreed with JR.


I do hang strange things on the walls.
This is the sign that my Dad carved for me. It hangs in my living room.


These hang in my kitchen.
I think that the tulips look like the umbrellas in the tile above it, only upside down.
Oh, and the colors work for me.


The Black Knight (from Monty Python's Holy Grail).
It hangs in my office.

This is my ukulele. It also hangs in my office.
I like the feathers stuck in the top.


I hung them right next to each other.
Whimsy is good!

I hang lots of things on the walls.


Lots and lots of things.



Lots of things like this.
This one creeps out the Homegirl-in-law.

Me too! That's why it's on my wall

Weird huh?


Then I like to hang something conventional.
It throws everyone off.
That works for me too.

Love,
M


3 comments:

  1. My mum likes to hand unusual things on her walls too.

    There are some days I'd like to hand my children on the walls - in a toally safe and non-violent way, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever we move the first thing I do is assess how much wall space there is. We have rejected houses that don't have enough space for all my weird and I'd like to think wonderful stuff. Poor JR!

    The best parenting act I've ever heard of was performed by my best friend Ronda. One day when her 3 boys were fighting in the house she told them (rather forcefully) to take it outside. It was Seattle in the Spring (wet & cold) they didn't want to go out. They stood at the sliding glass door crying (producing wet dripping stuff from their faces) to get back in when Ronda opened the door slightly and handed them a roll of paper towels and the Windex bottle.
    She was my hero!
    The boys were safe (she could see them through the glass) and she got her sliding glass door washed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to load up my walls with anything and everything. Now I'm boring and just put up one piece that I really like. So much less dusting this way so I think it will stay for a long time!!!!!! LOL

    I like unique decor. It speaks about its people.

    ReplyDelete