Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lisa's Lighthouse - Medio

** Bonus Recipe**
at the bottom
(Sorry! You have to put up with the art stuff first)


Look at this messy dining room table. When I'm in art mode this is what we have to put up with for days. OK, so we don't have to but it seems we do.


This is why I'm so excited about getting my new easel. It's not a sketch box easel that will store all my stuff but it's a start.


Isn't Lisa's lighthouse coming along well?
Where Oh Where are my cleaning elves?



Recipe: This is the best rice and bean recipe I've made. I'm not even sure you can call it a recipe since I just add stuff to the rice but Oh Well!

Rice and Beans
2 cups water
1 cup long grain rice (please not instant rice)
1 - 15 ounce can beans - rinsed (red or black work best)
1/2 cup salsa (I like the chunky stuff)

Optional stuff
(I can't help myself there has to be optional stuff)
hot sauce (if you like that sort of thing) creole spices (yum, yum) Italian spices

Replace salsa with:
canned tomatoes, specialty flavored hummus (my favorites; eggplant & garlic or roasted red pepper) or some of that fancy jarred bruschetta topping.

Add all ingredients to a pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. That's it! Don't cha' just love a recipe this easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment