Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Glacier National Park


My mother-in-law grew up in Montana in the early 1900's. While growing up her family spent a lot of time at Glacier National Park. As long as I knew her, she expressed a love for the park. Probably because of all her great memories. I'd like to share a few of the pictures that I have saved with you.

My mother-in-law is the 3rd from the left.
left to right, I believe this is Mrs. McDonald, my mother-in-law's mother (what would that make her, my grandmother-in-law?), my mother-in-law, my uncles-in-law? (William & Ivar), and their father. I'm assuming that Mr. McDonald was the photographer.



This is a great picture. My mother-in-law has such a terrific smile on her face. She is really enjoying herself. Makes me weepy in a good way to look at it (or is that just menopause)?
I love the bloomer pants and hats worn back then.
I estimate that these photo's were taken in the early 1920's.
My mother-in-law is the young girl, the little boy would be her brother Ivar, and Mrs. McDonald.


Here is a picture of my mother-in-law with her mother and little brother.
Gotta love the tepee!


Isn't this a fantastic picture of their car!
Anyone know what kind it was?



No comments:

Post a Comment