Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day Trippin'

Jon and I took a quick day trip to the Tucson area today. We love to take these kinds of trips. It gives Jon and I some time alone since the kids are never interested in coming (we are too boring for them). I guess it pays to be boring. Maybe being less then exciting is one of the reasons why we are going to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this month. One could almost say that a lackluster life leads to a long marriage or at least in our case. I may have to re-evaluate my original reason for our long relationship. We're too lazy to break up!
We haven’t taken a short trip like this in months, mostly, because gas prices have been outrageous. This time we chose to go to Catalina State Park and then a scenic drive up to Mt. Lemon. At Catalina State Park we went on a short 2 mile walk. This was also our first hike of the season and it was a lot of fun. The weather couldn’t have been more perfect. The temperature was in the low 60’s, sunny skies and a slight breeze. Because it was spring run off we had to ford the wash two or three times. As you can see, Jon wasn’t excited about getting his shoes wet. No big deal for me. The shoes I was wearing are made of canvas; so I just hiked up my jeans and strode across. They dried very nicely in the back window of the car on the way home. That whole "not wearing leather" thing is working out for me in unexpected ways.

I did get some nice pictures that will be fun to paint later. We really went so I could have wildflower pictures to paint. Didn’t get many of those but the others turned out well. All in all it was a lovely day spent with my honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment