Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More weekend pics

As I was sitting down this morning to write out thank you cards (yes, I did say write not type) I noticed an interesting thing. 50% of the cards either had old people or porch swings on them. What are they trying to tell us? Obviously card manufacturers think that to make it to 25 years of marriage you must be old or our friends do. Granted, Jon and I are getting up there in age but I hardly think we’re old. I have been telling everyone for years that I was a child bride. I must not be saying it enough because it doesn’t look like our friends have bought into it yet. I was taking a page from Dick Cheney, if I say something enough times, no matter how wrong it is, someone will believe it. Sorry, political reference. BTW, the other half of the cards had lovely flowers on them. Looked vaguely like sympathy cards. Hmmm!

Enough about that let’s look at pictures.


Here is a great one of my long-time, we've stopped saying oldest, bestest friend Ronda. Our 37ish year friendship has been a source of strength for me. Bless you Ronda!

Here is a nice one of my brother-in-law Paul and Harriet, a family friend. Don't they look terrific? See how over exposed the sky is? It really was sunny in Seattle in March. Had I been really clever (it is 6:30 in the morning) I could have Photoshopped in some blue sky but that would have been cheating.

Last but not least, I think that this will be my next drawing. I took this photo out at Fort Wardon located on the west side of the Puget Sound. Jon just had to see vast quantities of water and I needed a lighthouse! Win, Win for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment