Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

One whole month and I haven't pissed off too many people

This will have to be a very quick Random Tuesday Post because I seriously don't seem to be able to find the time to blog. I'm not sure whether it is learning the new job, unpacking/setting up the house, all the visitors we've had in the last 30 days or a combination of everything. I suspect the latter. Benefit so far? I haven't pissed anyone off yet! I'm either not working up to my full potential or I'm not doing anything wrong yet. Probably the former.

Here is our 30 days in a nutshell

We promptly discovered the farmer's market.

 
 Our hauls have been substantial. 

We also participated in Banned Books Week at the market.
Though she is not pictured, Nessa was quite a draw to our table.




We've had friends and family show up.

All of our kids came over for the weekend including a surprise visit from Dr. Boy. We didn't think we would see him until November or so given his exam schedule but there he was knocking on the door. I may have shed a tear or two.


I made beignets. They were scarfed down in a matter of moments. Dr Boy, JR and I were the only ones that had ever eaten beignets before so these were new to the Eldest Son and his Lovely Wife.  Those of us with beignet experience liked this version because they weren't as sweet. The other two just loved fried dough...because who doesn't? I made these from refrigerator biscuits. Next time I plan to try deep frying refrigerator cinnamon rolls. I'm obviously a sick woman and should be stopped.

Last weekend my mom and stepdad came over to visit. We had a great time going out to dinner, visiting a distillery (hated the booze though) and generally spending time with each other. Sorry no pictures. Not sure what I was thinking. 



We've visited a winery (or two)


Where we drank too much,
Joined the wine club thus committing ourselves to buying at least 3 bottles of wine a year. Like that's a problem! 
We did get T-shirts out of the deal. So there is that.

T-shirts will we will no longer be wearing because the weather has gotten decidedly colder.
Evidenced by my photographic efforts.

 The first week we got here


 The second or third week after we got here.


  
This morning!
JR had to dig around to find the ice scrapper.
He has decided that parking in the garage is best option from now on.
He will have to clear space. Good thing the car is small.

So there you have it. A random edition of our first 30 days in what is looking like its becoming the frozen north. Go check out other Random Tuesday Thoughts folks at Stacy's place.
Stacy
Stay groovy,
M

3 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you're settling in quite well, and are reasonably happy. I'm sure you'll piss someone off very soon and become quite fulfilled. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're settling in and enjoying your new home/city/job etc....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have arrived! And you get to have the cool days now instead of the hot days of Houston!!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete