It's Tuesday again. Where did the weekend go? I'll tell you where mine went...down the drain that's where. Anyway, let's do this random thing that Stacy started hosting when life caught up with Keely. Totally understandable. Sometimes life is a bitch like that.
Some of you may already know that I spent my weekend in the hospital. I got a little sick on Friday night and The Boy (let's start calling him Dr. Boy since that is the direction he is heading. More about that when I get permission to write about it.) so Dr. Boy determined that I had something that was pretty serious. Turns out the Emergency Room doctors (the ones with real medical degrees) agreed. Me? I thought it was no big deal but obviously I was vetoed.
Now, I hadn't had an overnight hospital stay since
The Boy Dr. Boy was born and I'm not really sure that counts since I was only there long enough to say; "this is ridiculous! You nurses never give me a chance to sleep and you are screwing up the baby's sleep schedule. I'm going home!" That was a day and a half after he was born. It seems I have a low tolerance for this sort of thing. Actually I have a low tolerance for bullshit unless of course I'm the one spewing it. Maybe I should work on that character flaw. Nah.
So here are 10 random things I thought while in for 3 days,
1. I'm spending a whole lot more money here than at a luxury hotel with a whole lot worse service.
2. Clear liquid diets do not include white wine or vodka. Really? Who knew?
3. Nursing staff shift changes are the one time when you REALLY need a nurse.
4. Vegetarian soft diet includes a turkey sandwich and Jello. I clearly indicated that I was a vegetarian, over and over again but what to they bring me 1 hour before I'm released and after 3 days of nothing but clear liquids? A turkey sandwich.
6. Morphine. (FYI, morphine, access to a smart phone and social media do not mix. I'm just giving you all a heads up.)
7. If you have veins the size of thin spaghetti noodles that like to collapse at a moments notice your arms will look like you are a junkie by the second day of your 3 day stay. After 3 days you will have far surpassed any junkie in bruises and needle marks.
8. They have better wireless than most of the 5 star hotels I've stayed at and it's free. Take that Loews in Philadelphia and your $25 dollars a day crappy wireless!
9. Sleep is non-existent. Every 4 hours someone will wake you up. Day or night! 24 fricking hours of the day. Could be a nurse, phlebotomist, CNA (the nurse's assistants), the cleaning people, the person who brings your so called meals, the actual attending doctor (though really, they rarely show up) but someone will conspire to not let you sleep when that is what you really need.
10. You give up all modesty just to feel better. In fact, I would have given away family members, my membership to the American Librarians Assoc. (not really a hard sell there), and possibly my wine fridge to feel better. Modesty was the least on my worries.
There are plenty more where these came from but I won't bore you any longer. Just know I'm feeling a little better today, I haven't got anything that will kill me (though there were times in the last three days that I thought it would) and that I finally used that insurance that I pay for through the nose every month.
I would suggest that you go read other RTT post from people that aren't whiny babies like I am. You'll find them here.
PS: this wasn't all that random was it? Must be because I'm no longer on the painkillers.