Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Waitin' on a Spin

It seems that I spend a lot of time waitin' 


Just this morning I woke up 30 minutes before the alarm went off. I waited until it did to get up.

Just this morning I waited for the coffee to brew or would that be steep in my house since we drink french press coffee every morning. And, a lot of it. And it was worth waitin' for.

I finished a paintin' last night. I'm waitin' for it to dry before sending it out. I'd show it to you but I promised I wait. 

 

I'm waitin' until my Nessa dog learns to pick up her babies (toys). I'm pretty sure I'll be waitin' a long time. At the present time there are baby arms, legs, and guts strewn around the house. We now have a paraplegic monkey. The new babies were bought on Tuesday as a reward for being good at the vet and groomers. I use the term "being good" loosely. I'm a sucker; she would have got them anyway. 




I'm waitin' for my trip to Ottawa. I've never been before. I also get to use that nice shiny new passport. 






I'm waitin', rather impatiently it seems, to go to Florida this October. (Jen and Casey, we'll be rolling into Orlando on Sunday night.) We are makin' plans, weighin' our travel options and saving our money. 









I'm waitin' to move. We found a large townhouse with a small fenced yard in town. My studio will almost double in size. While the kitchen is small, I'll get over it since the living space is big. Like, 700 square feet bigger big. I'll get 3 walk-in closets. Okay, JR will get 1. Still, leavin' me with 2. You know, he doesn't really need a whole walk-in closet. I think I'll put my shoes in his.




I'm waitin' until we move in to paint pictures for the covered porch. The light is kind of dim so I'm wantin' to brighten it up with something like this but since I want to take up most of one wall I'll need to wait to see how big the canvases need to be.





 That's all the waitin' I've got to do. People at work are waitin' for me to get there. I really wish I could find that job that didn't actually require my attendance. Now, click on the Spin Cycle button at top to visit other Spinners.

Love,
M

PS: sure I could and should credit the pictures above that I stole off the internet but since I didn't keep track of them we'll just let them speak for themselves. 

17 comments:

  1. Where's south in the new place. And is it normal that there would be a shower and wc in a two b/r flat with two en-suite. You'd have a grand kitchen if that space was re-devoted. What's the 'p' off the breakfast area.
    Anyhoos, my best on the move. And you could go diptych on the painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo - I like the looks of the new townhouse. You're right, the kitchen is way small, but the rest of the place makes up for it.

    "P" stands for pantry, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vince: The living/dining room is on the south side of the building. Which puts my studio space on the north end of the first floor. The perfect spot for it when living in the southern states. I wouldn't say that it is normal to have 2 en-suites but for us it is perfect. We plan to re-devote the kitchen space by adding base kitchen cabinets around the north & west sides of the breakfast area. We'll put butcher block counter tops on them and open shelving above. When I get is all done up I'll post pics. Like Jan said the "P" is for pantry. Diptych is exactly what I had planned.

    Jan: The master bedroom is huge. Something like 23' x 19'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ground floor. They are interchangeable terms here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you will have plenty of space in the new place.
    Lots of waiting. Hope the time passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Good for you! Another garden to conquer!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm positive that what you said about the closets is a fair reflection of most any woman/man's closet situation. It's just gotta be that way. Pretty cool you found a place you'll like.

    I'm loving all these trips you've got cooking too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've got a lot of exciting things in the works, hooray. And I am green over that master bedroom. Wow. I'd be dizzy with the possibilities. All. That. Space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new place looks great! You have a lot of great things to look forward to!

    Great spin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new digs you'll be getting. I noticed that there are three bathrooms-- how cool is that.

    Thanks for your spin,

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW You're going to Canada and Florida? That's a BIG expanse. Hope you enjoy both trips! I'm sure Jen can't hardly wait! See? I found a way to slide that wait in? I'm sneaky like that!

    Stopping by from Spin Cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW You're going to Canada and Florida? That's a BIG expanse. Hope you enjoy both trips! I'm sure Jen can't hardly wait! See? I found a way to slide that wait in? I'm sneaky like that!

    Stopping by from Spin Cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the layout of the townhouse - I could use a little more space here...

    Have some great trips! Ottawa is beautiful in the summer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. JR only needs 1/4 of a walk in closet. Trust me, I speak from experience. :) Can't wait to see the new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to meet you in October! Congrats on the new townhouse, extra square footage is worth the wait for sure. Our new house is about 600 sq ft bigger than the last and it makes all the difference.

    Have fun on your trip, you world traveler. I can say "world" since you're leaving the country.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the latest painting!! West Texas mountain sunset, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I wish I could be a fly on the wall of a plane to Florida in October!

    ReplyDelete