As JR and I were driving home from a quick trip to Joshua Tree National Park this afternoon we started talking about concerts we have attended and ones that we would like to attend in the future. During this conversation I thought to myself (actually I sort of drifted off into Princess Michele Land while JR was talking) this would make a good list for Listlessness Monday.
Here are some that I’ve attended
- Sly and the Family Stone (1st concert I ever attended. Very eye opening experience for a small town girl) Sly even showed up. Not on-time mind you but he was there.
- Led Zeppelin (I saw them around 1977. I slept out overnight at the venue because if you didn’t you’d end up with nose bleed seats. Festival seating could be brutal)
- Leonard Skynard (I was lucky enough to see them when Ronnie Van Zant was still alive. I hear
and I’m right back there.) Sweet Home Alabama
- Genesis (JR and I actually took the youngest boy when he was about 5. The boy loved this band. We spent a year calling him Phil because the Boy wouldn’t answer to anything else.)
- Eric Clapton (I’m sorry but I have to say this; I’d so do him. Not because he looks like he was rode hard then put away wet but because the sounds he can coax out of a guitar is seduction itself. )
- B.B. King (he is still the definition of cool.)
- Buddy Guy (the next best thing to seeing Muddy Waters. Who I didn’t get see damn it.)
- Neil Diamond (All I can say is I’m sorry.)
People or concerts I’d like to see in the future
- Paul McCartney (it’s that whole Beatles thing. JR and I have decided to start a Paul McCartney concert savings account or maybe we’ll just raid the Christmas savings account. The kids don’t need gifts and I really need to see McCartney. They would want me too wouldn’t they?)
- John Mayer (I can’t get enough of the blues)
- The Crossroads Festival (cuz, I could see all my favorite blues artists at one time. How cool would that be?)
- Stevie Wonder (JR got to see him when he was a journalism student at
. JR got to see a ton of cool concerts back then. He got in with a press pass. I’m so jealous. He’ll start with I’ve seen this guy or that one and I’ll come back with I saw JP Patches (kids TV clown). It doesn’t seem to have the same punch. ) Washington State University
I grab this button from Anna over at abdpbt who happens to have a terrific post about debt reduction. I plan to spend some more time over there this evening. She suggests reading a book that I may have to inter-library loan. Sounds like good reading during the holidays.